Saturday, July 6, 2013

Now is Not Forever





From my experience, I have come to realize directly that these wise words from A. A. Milne are not only true, but they must be repeated on a daily basis.  Having a chronic illness, especially one like Lyme which literally effects your brain function, will try and break you down everyday.  Whether the pain has knocked you out for the day, your feeling alone and unsupported, your frustrated with the treatment or lack there of, or any other numerous reasons to get you down, take a breathe, a moment of breathing positivity and repeat these words.

The sad but true fact is that there is no "cure" for Lyme, BUT there is a "way".  A "way" to get back to being a healthy version of you, it just takes time and a lot of patience.  I have had more bad days in my life than I can even count for, so I must be strong because I'm still here, smiling and laughing on occasion. 



During this time of your fight, no matter what stage you are at, always remember that you ARE BRAVER, STRONGER, AND SMARTER than your mind is tricking you to believe.

With that said, its also important to know that:

Not everyday has to be a strong day, Some days it's okay to just be....

No comments:

Post a Comment