Sunday, July 7, 2013

My Morning Reflection

When I was a very young girl I spend much of my time with my great uncle Harold.  My father found it very important that I be aware of the world that he lead and the important music that not only surrounded our family but the whole world.  Harold to me was just my lovable, hilarious, and creative uncle who I looked forward to see as much as I could.  To the world he was the original folk manager.  Starting and managing artists such as pete Seeger/The weavers, Pete, Paul and Mary, Woody Guthrie and his family, Judy Collins, Ravi Shankar, Joan Baez, Just to name a few.
I remember hanging out in Pete Seeger's dressing room just before he was to go on stage and watch him prepare and he would always be humming this tune, it doesn't matter that I didn't understand the importance of the song back them or even how lucky I was to experience being there and watching one of the greats use it as a source of strength because I have the memory now and I use it when Im
in need, like today….

No comments:

Post a Comment