Saturday, August 24, 2013

"I’m Fine"... and how to formulate the emotions you really feel when asked questions from loved ones.





Let’s talk about this statement.  So simple.  Two words.  Answers a question, right?

  You will of course be asked many questions and given many encouraging statements from friends and family that care about you.  



They ask because they love!


So why does it trigger so many emotions all at once?


During this whole process I have been completely open and honest about everything BUT when someone asks any of these questions  or gives me and encouraging words, I find my self holding back.  I hold back because The truth is too hard for them to understand.  You fear that once you tell the truth it will either scare whom ever asked away, or they might automatically think you are “attention seeking” OR you just cant muster up the strength to really explain the cluster of physical and emotional feelings you FEEL and are DEALING with.  The real truth is Real, Provocative and you know they just wont "get it"

You don’t want to attack the person by making them feel like their question triggers these emotions… you are also grateful that they are reaching out because......



....so you say I’m Fine, but you really feel the opposite




I share this post because it exemplifies the rollercoaster of emotions, choices you make on how to speak out, and some realness for friends and family whom might be looking at this post to know what we are really feeling, and don't have the courage to say.
 (There are of course ways to get around the realness and use humor with what you are really dealing with.)







but in reality the roller-coaster of emotions make you say to yourself...

So now I speak to all you sufferers out there.....

I have said this before and I'll reiterate again that you can't avoid obstacles in your way of healing but you CAN choose to use outlets.


So i will leave you with this song that I relate to Which I have shared on my facebook page).... it's dark and sad, but it helps me, and maybe it might help someone out there too.  Just hearing the words that you are feeling but cant put into word...



This is Passenger (his name is Mike)  He speaks the truth....



It's ok to relate and feel these things, just know you are on a path.  Don't let the obstacles get in your way...


Blessings to all...






No comments:

Post a Comment