Thursday, August 15, 2013

How do Find Courage and Strength When Constant Bumps in the Road and Setbacks Break You Down?




  Sometimes I feel like I just can’t catch a break.
 It’s that old saying, one step forward , two giant steps back.
One cant help get frustrated, sad, scared, and even get the feeling of giving up...

 At the times that you can't, you've got to figure out how to get around or over them and past them. Set backs are just bumps in the road, they are not the end of the roads.

I have had two set backs this week

ONE was that the dressing from my PICC line coverage caused a severe skin reaction in which prompted a removal of it.  My left arm had been itching for a week.  Turns out I developed an allergic reaction to the dressing coverage of my PICC line.

I only show you this photo for awareness of these hurdles we must endure to get better.


Until the nurse comes to insert my new picc line in my right arm, as to let my left arm to breathe, I now have a peripheral line in.

 
Peripheral lines are only temporary, more often used for a one time infusion.  I had to have it put in to make sure I can take my medicine accordingly (every day) while I wait….



(You may think, why not just go to the ER instead, BUT its not necessarily a good idea.  When having an open area where a catheter is placed, you are susceptible to everything, and in the ER you are VERY susceptible to a getting a staph infection.  So if you have home care with your insurance, it’s better to be patient and just wait.)



SECOND set back has been that the anti-biotics have caused abnormal liver function.  So I have been ordered to STOP my medicine.  This is just another bump in this crazy road I’m living on, you don’t know what to expect on a daily basis.  You have no comfort in knowing if you are getting better, doing the right thing for your body, and if anything of this stuff… anti-biotics, herbal tinctures, meds in pill form and supplements even matter.



This Lyme bacteria is so intelligent it will just keep destroying you no matter how hard you fight, and your body is in a constant battle between the Lyme attacking every aspect of your insides AND the meds to kill the bacteria also affect and can damage major organs or cause vitamin depletion.
 
This is when the strength within you comes forth, 


BUT

Saying you are strong and being strong are two very opposite actions and I have been through the phase of putting a brave face on, saying I’m fine, 



when I actually feet like I was dying on the inside.
\


I have been hiding my inner emotions for the most part to empower me to stay strong and also to protect my family and friends from worrying about me.  That is until recently.  I have come to realize from actual experience that holding is not worth the toxicity that comes with it.  Holding everything in for the sake of others counter acts ALL you are doing daily to fight this illness.  I have been strong through this and that is because I have had no other choice, but I cry.  



 CRY if you have to, VENT if you have to, that’s what this blog is for, for me! 


I don’t think of crying as a sign of weakness.  
Tears release the pain that words cannot express and the soul cant bare.



I have recently chosen to be completely open in this experience.

 


I’m not going to say I feel emotionally strong right now, in fact I feel frustrated, scared that I might not be able to go back on the medicine, scared that the Lyme is winning the battle, BUT... what we fear doing the most is usually what we most need to do!!!

          “You don’t drown by falling in water. You drown by staying  there”

  "The bravest thing you can do when you are not brave is to profess courage and act accordingly." ~ Corra Harris

How do we find the courage within ourselves?   

The most important thoughts and actions are never comfortable or easy.

What I have come to realize is you have to try your hardest NOT to WORRY about the actual actions of being brave through the bumps in the road and the setbacks.  You literally have to go through the motions, LISTEN to your Dr. because he knows best...
 AND ALWAYS KEEP ON TRUCKING!!



                  


            Every set back bears with it the seeds 
                                Of a come-back!



Blessing to All!!





No comments:

Post a Comment